Merryweather asked about curry chicken today. I looked up curry rice and went from there. I did it one pot. It took about 20 minutes. The results were edible.
- 1/4 cup of Olive oil for sauté’ing
- 1 cup rice.
- 1 onion chopped
- Large handful of mini non-hot peppers chopped
- Tablespoon of curry powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon of turmeric
- One cup of water
- One bag frozen peas
- One bag frozen corn
- Put the Instant Pot on Sauté.
- Add oil, dry rice, onion, peppers in the instant pot. Sauté it.
- Once everything is sautéd, Onions are browned, soft, etc, add in the curry powder and turmeric
- Mix well
- Add a cup of water, cancel sauté, then Set the instant pot to rice, put the lid on it, etc
- Get out a bag of frozen peas and frozen corn. Cook them per instructions in the microwave.
- Drain water
- Add them to the finished rice
- Stir well
It smells amazing, but the flavor is pretty neutral. Kind of bland.
We had it with grilled chicken. Should be great leftovers, but it was kind of boring. The rice was clumpy. I wanted to dump some hot sauce on it. I don’t know anything about hot sauce for “Indian” food.
Next time, I would do a couple of things different.
- Wash the rice
- Cook the rice with the seasoning in the instant pot
- Saute’ the rest of the ingredients in a wok and then mix in the cooked rice.
- Add some hot pepper.
- Merry weather thought it needed marsala sauce.